Week 3 -- Social Listening (Literally)

UE Fits


Of all the earbuds I own, my favorite pair are my UE Fits.  With a price point just under $200, I have found that I have gotten what I paid for.  Through a partnership with Logitech, the UE Fits molds to your ear, giving you an unique, customized fit.  I found that it even molded around my inner conch piercing which is normally the most uncomfortable part of wearing earbuds for me.  

But don't just take my word for it -- read some reviews for yourself:






  Not all reviews are positive:


Overall, UE Fits received 3.9 out of 5 stars.  Not the greatest rating ever, but a decent showing.

With the value proposition of "a fit that's lit," the UE Fits are not far off the mark.  Once molded to your ear, they are super comfortable and can be worn for hours.  Their sound canceling technology is second to none that I've experienced, which is a huge benefit when doing schoolwork with a screaming toddler in the house.  

The most common complaint of the earbuds are the lack of technical support.  When things go wrong, we often want to hear a human voice at the other end of the line assuring us that all will be well.  UE Fits does not offer that support and for many it is a deal breaker.  

So from a marketing standpoint, what is this company trying to promote.  From the images found on social media, I am not certainly their ideal demographic.  The 50+ housewife and stay-at-home mom/full-time college student is not exactly what they they're hoping for.  It is clear that their ideal demographic are young, twenty something, hip individuals who have their lives together.  They are not telling a story, they are not focusing on their brand...in fact, they are not engaging customers or using social media's best practices. They do one thing, and one thing only...they are REMARKABLE!  Using the technology from Logitech to enable the earpiece to mold to your ear is fantastic and the first thing I talk about when mentioning the earbuds to others.  

The challenge the brand is facing is quite simple...they need to talk more.  They want us to believe they are listening (literally), but without communication to the fact, how are we to know.  They don't answer the posts that speak to the problems, and they don't even express gratitude for the praise.  They are disenfranchising current customers and potentially customers are not giving them a try based upon these reviews.

I wish I could take over the social media marketing for this customer.  I'd answer ever post made...whether it be a simple "thank you" for the praise, or finding an answer for those having issues...customers (potential or existing) deserve to be heard and responded to.  It is key to any ongoing success. 


 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6 Steps to Organizing Your Chaotic Household

ABOUT ME