ABOUT ME

Hi!  My name is Katie Reynolds and I am co-owner of Two Swans Multimedia Publishing, LLC. along with my beautiful wife, Jessica.  It would be fair, then, that you would assume that this blog would be about our business.  However, it's not.  I am also a full-time college student at Linn-Benton Community College and this is an assignment for the Principles in Marketing class I am currently taking.  After the class ends, however, our multimedia company will take over.  So....on with the class!!

This coming October I will be completing my 50th trip around the sun.  I've done and seen a great many things and have opinions about ALL of it!  I'm a mom of 3, ages 21 years, 18 years and 17 months.  (Yes, I need a nap!!)  I have a beautiful wife who said yes 6 years ago and made me the happiest woman on the planet.  These 4 gorgeous human beings not only have my heart, they are my heart.  They are my daily why!!  Why I get up, why I work so hard, why I am filled with joy!  They are why I returned to school to change the my career path after being laid off due to the pandemic.  It was not a hard call to make as this is not my first trip to the rodeo.  In 1998 I earned my Bachelor of Arts in Humanities from Washington State University.  My major concentration was English Literature and I minored in Psychology.  Unfortunately, there was no real career path for a degree such as mine, so I have worked many jobs to find my place in this world.  In my search, I realized the career I needed to do is what I loved to do -- help people.

In one way or another, I have been a teacher my entire life.  I have found that the answer to many of our questions in this world is education.  The answer to poverty is education.  The answer to dealing with our broken education system is education.  Knowledge is power and education is the pathway to that knowledge.  In every job I've ever had, I have found a way to teach.  To help educate those around me so they can have the best job experience possible.  So it wasn't a hard jump to make to realize I needed to help others on a bigger scale.  While my wife and I will be starting our multimedia production company soon, our bigger goal is to one day become life coaches and give back to our communities.  Helping others is a legacy we want to leave to our children.  Our world has a need, we will help fill that need to the best of our abilities.

As I said before, I was laid off from my last job due to the pandemic.  Because I worked in an industry that had federal contracts, those of working at the Selmet, Inc. site, as well as it's sister site, Pacific Cast Technologies, Inc., were offered the opportunity of joining The Trade Act Assistance program.  The TAA is a federal program established under the Trade Adjustment Assistance Reauthorization Act of 2015 that provides aid to workers who lose their jobs or whose hours of work and wages are reduced as a result of increased imports.  This program offered me the ability to return to school and I took advantage of that opportunity, choosing to obtain my A.A.S. in Practical Business Management.  This marketing class is a part of that program, which is so exciting for me.  There is not a portion of our production company that marketing will not touch.  We will essentially be selling our selves and our brand, so learning how to do so effectively is really the finally ingredient needed to being successful.  I am so grateful and excited to be here.

 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 3 -- Social Listening (Literally)

6 Steps to Organizing Your Chaotic Household